Not up for kitchen duty on Thanksgiving Day? Here are some options for dining out on November 25. In many cases, reservations are required.
ATLANTIS CASINO RESORT SPA, 3800 S. Virginia St., visit here for details/required reservations
• Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille, all-you-can-enjoy, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. sparkling wine brunch, 3 to 9 p.m. Thanksgiving dinner, $54.99 adult, $22.99 children 4 to 10;
• Grand Ballroom Gourmet Brunch, all-you-can-enjoy, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., $79.95 adult, $24.95 children 4 to 10;
• Atlantis Steakhouse, four-course prix fixe menu, from 4 p.m., $70 with roast turkey, $100 with Prime Grade rib-eye and prawns;
• Bistro Napa, four-course prix fixe menu, from 4 p.m., $70 with turducken, $75 with grilled veal chops.
NUGGET CASINO RESORT, 1100 Nugget Ave., Sparks, visit here for details/required reservations for adults only dining, call 800-648-1177 for parties with children
• Thanksgiving Tailgate Buffet, all-you-can-enjoy, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., $49.99 adults, $24.95 children 5 to 11.
PEPPERMILL RESORT SPA CASINO, 2707 S. Virginia St., visit here for details/reservations
• Bimini Steakhouse, three-course prix fixe menu, from 4:30 p.m., $67;
• Biscotti’s, three-course prix fixe menu, noon to 9 p.m., $55;
• Oceano, three-course prix fixe menu, 4 to 10 p.m., $60 with seafood-stuffed turkey, $70 with pistachio-crusted Chilean sea bass;
• Romanza Ristorante, three-course prix fixe menu, 4:30 to 9 p.m., $67.
GAR WOODS GRILL & PIER, 5000 N. Lake Blvd., Carnelian Bay, three-course prix fixe menu, from noon, call 530-546-3366 for price and reservations.
HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO LAKE TAHOE, 50 U.S. 50, Stateline
• Alpine Union, three-course prix fixe menu, from 1 p.m., $30, visit here for details, call 775-589-7667 for reservations;
• Park Prime Steak & Bar, three-course prix fixe menu, from 5 p.m., $60, visit here for details, call 775-589-7680 for reservations.
HYATT REGENCY LAKE TAHOE, 111 Country Club Drive, Incline Village
• Lone Eagle Grille, four-course prix fixe menu (turkey or vegetarian), 1 to 8 p.m., $90, visit here for details, call 775-886-6899 for reservations.
Mayan coffee farmer shares insights online from Guatemala
Byron Cap, founder of Guatemalan Coffee Company KAPEH CHIALLI, is hosting a free virtual discussion on Nov. 19 on the challenges of being a small coffee farmer, in partnership with Northern Nevada International Center, which fosters international engagement by Nevadans.
The discussion will include the struggles of small farmers to compete against coffee conglomerates and the influence of Mayan culture on traditional coffee production. The first 50 people to register will receive a free 1-pound bag of KAPEH CHIALLI coffee for pick up in Reno only.
Pie It Forward Bake Sale at Peppermill for Thanksgiving pies
The Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, 2707 S. Virginia St., is presenting its annual Pie It Forward Bake Sale, with $5 pies being sold in the hotel lobby next to the bell desk from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov 21, while supplies last. All proceeds will be donated to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada.
Johnathan L. Wright is the food and drink editor for Reno News & Review. Follow him on Twitter at @ItsJLW or on Facebook personally or at @FoodNevada. Sign up here for the Reno News & Review free weekly newsletter highlighting our most recent stories.